If you are currently wearing dentures, or if you know someone who is currently wearing dentures, you are well aware of the serious limitations. One of the hardest things about wearing dentures is living with the fact that your dentures may fall out at any time.
It is not uncommon for a patient to come to Shine Dental with a forced frown on their face and broken dentures in their hand.
A common story of how this came to be is that they sneezed and their dentures shot out onto the floor breaking in 2. This is a story that can have a happy ending.
To View in HD, Change the Quality to 1080p
- Cheaper than other options particularly if many teeth are involved.
- Easy to make adjustments and additions to plastic dentures.
- Dentures must be removed and cleaned frequently to avoid infection.
- Dentures may move during eating and speaking and cause gum sores.
- Denture adhesives may be required and these are messy, tending to trap food particles, increasing the risk of decay and gum disease if any natural teeth remain.
- Dentures are loosely attached to the jaws and can cause a weak bite.
- A weak bite leaves the wearer incapable of proper breakdown of food. Since food break down is limited, this directly affects the flavor and overall taste.
- Digestion is also hindered because the food is not properly broken down.
- Many have a psychological aversion to having dentures and acceptance may be difficult.
- Ruins the taste of food.
- Embarrassing accidents.
- You will need new dentures every 5-10 years.
- Develop denture sores due to changes in your gum tissue.
- May take 2-6 months to learn to eat with them.
Your options for securing your dentures is either Milled Bar Reinforced Removable Over-Denture or a 2 Ball Removable Over-Denture. These are both dentures secured by implants, and the best solution available for securing your teeth!!
We're committed to you and your health and making a difference in our community and abroad. We'd love to see you, so book your appointment today!